I accept my physical imperfections and am happy with my body as it is. I don't compare myself to others, nor do I go to extraordinary lengths to look like the women I see in the media. I don't think that I would be happier if I was just taller, thinner, prettier or younger. I like the extraordinary person I am. I strive for excellence, not perfection. I seek opportunities to know myself better, and develop my talents and abilities. I understand that life is about living wholeheartedly.
This week's affirmation focuses on self acceptance. The theme of acknowledging your strengths and weaknesses resonates in the words of Hugh Prather who said: "Unless I accept my faults I will most certainly doubt my virtues".
From this point on, I will post a new affirmation on the first Monday of each month, rather than on a weekly basis. Throughout these past nine weeks, I have thought much about the relationship between our bodies and ourselves, and the importance of paying attention to all of who we are. My hope is that you have enjoyed reading my affirmations, and that they have sparked an interest in learning more about how they foster positive change. Perhaps you have even made some of them your own. When framed properly and repeated often, they do work. Here is a list of the affirmations from previous weeks:
- When I shop for clothes, my figure and not fashion rules.
- When I look into the mirror, I see my finest attributes.
- I enjoy receiving compliments about how I look.
- When I walk into a room full of people, I feel confident and stylish.
- I wear clothes that fit me.
- I am a mindful shopper.
- I strive to look my best every day.
- I enjoy expressing my personality through my clothes.